Monday 19 July 2010

ICONIC MONDAY



Evenin'

Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to say nice things about the blog thus far, I hope it has shoved a proverbial rocket up your backside and launched you into the fashion fray.

I thought I would try and add a bit of structure to the blog, cos I'm sure Freud would agree that we can all benefit from a bit of structure. So every Monday I will put photos up and generally blow the trumpet of someone I basically wish I was.

This week I have chosen PELLE ALMQVIST, who is the lead singer of the Hives.

I can only speak for myself here when I saying I was crazy, madly, deeply in love with the Hives during my middle school days. Anyway, this sexy Swedish man founded the Hives with his brother in 1993 and have since released 4 studio albums, but more importantly he wears nice clothes.

Basically, check him out.....





I have banged on about trends and what to wear, but I would like to point out that is far more important to find an individual style you feel comfortable with and can call your own, and then simply borrow pieces from the seasonal trends. I reckon that you can use clothes to give people an idea of who you are as individual and use them as your first and most powerful medium of self expression. Furthermore, you can make people want to get in bed with you, and avoid strolling the streets naked, unless that is your thing in which case...don't be offended if I duly cross the road.

Here are more pictures of him looking the bee's knees....





















































It just shouldn't work but it most certainly does.

Have a look for unusual, borderline "bad" suits. This year's look is all about reinterpreting and redefining clothing, in particular classic tailoring and cuts.

Try and find your dad's old school blazer, and wear it with pride. There is nothing cooler than wearing history.







































Horace Greeley








No comments:

Post a Comment