Monday 26 July 2010

BEST DRESSED IN BURY ST EDMUNDS

Long time no see,

Been slackin' on getting the posts up of late, no excuses, just content.

It must have been Wednesday last week when I headed into town and tried to find some well dressed people, to great success, the only spanner in the works was my unbelievable lack of camera tecckers.

Having received persistent nagging to get the images up I have bowed to the pressure and am gonna sling 'em on this 'ere website o' mine.

Without further adieu....


Friendly Fella, 21

Check out the boat shoes which look just worn enough to give a nice lived in feel, for it is my own personal view that clothes look best if you can tell people enjoy wearing them hence the marks and scuffs, hence why I'm baffled by people who have wall to wall dolls in original packaging, just get 'em out and let your toddler rip her head off....enough of that.

The panama is also a must have item at the moment, and it is just the right pale straw colour to compliment the mustard yellow shirt. I really like the fit of the jeans as they are loose fitting but straight leg creating a complimentary silhouette but giving enough interesting creases and slouches while the way the meet the boat shoes is simply breathtaking.

"I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday"


Chelsea, 17, and Katie, 19, both students

These girls tick most boxes. Chelsea (left) uses a bright floral skirt in contrast to a plain top which culminates in making a very interesting outfit, while the buttons down the front and high waist fit help to differentiate her look from the other girls in floral at this time of year.

Take something popular, make it your own.

Katie opts for a more nomadic looking outfit and the high waisted chino shorts in olive, mixed with the native indian printed shirt is "how" it should be done. Combined with her dark hair and skin tone she completely owns the look while slipping in the ever trendygladiator shoes.

Both these girls have found looks that suit them, and have been able to team a variety of garments together in a way which gets me all hot under the collar.

Will Wright, 16, Student

Bill caught my eye, in the straightest way possible, in the Abbey Gardens largely due to the fact he was at least a foot taller than me at the tender age of 16. Megan Fox has recently said she is into "nerdy" guys and while I am not accusing Will of this, I think it is fair to say he has added an element of "geek-chique" to his outfit. Achieved by "over" tight jean shorts which show a hint of thigh, and desert boots with socks. Will suits this look and I am fairly certain if Miss Fox is reading this blog, unlikely, he can expect a call anytime soon.


Simon, 19, Student

He was kind enough to help me throughout the day, and I pitied him enough to take this photo. This is a very simple outfit, which often reaps the greatest rewards, as it doesn't feel too contrived or hard work. He has rolled up his chinos, a nice move, and added two different shades of blue with the dark shoes contrasting with the trousers while the light pastel shirt compliments. He manages to pull off the hat, due to the simplicity of the outfit and the soft colour palette. I think it was Mr. Miyagi who once said "You cannot force a hat, a hat must force you", well bare that in mind, if your outfit is calling out for something, add a hat, if not, don't.


Keiran and Khai,18, Students

Saw these chaps chatting outside The Nutshell, the UK's smallest pub, and rudely interrupted their conversation. Those brief moments of social shame were arguably worth it when looking at this photo. I have a particular penchant for Khai's understated classical look, because everything is done correctly. It is all slightly tight fitting, giving that formal feel combined with the top button done up. Pay close attention to the loafers, a tell tale sign that this young man know's what he is doing.

To Conclude,

I think it was fairly successful trip to Bury St Edmunds, and goes some way to prove that Suffolk can do sexy. I must apologise to any one I took a photo of that was not put on the site, there was nothing wrong with the clothes, just I couldn't do them justice with my substandard skills behind the lens.

I like the eclectic and varied fashion senses that I was able to extract from a fairly small and polarised town.

"To be irreplaceable one must always be different" - Coco Chanel.









No comments:

Post a Comment